Thursday, May 7, 2009

Can seborrhoeic dermatitis cause hair loss?

hi, I believe my hairline on my forehead is suffering from seborrhoeic dermatitis, because at times it can itch for no reason and can cause small red spots. on a sidenote, i've noticed that in the places it's afflicted, my hairline has receded at. not by an extreme about, but a good 2 or 3 inches. i've decided to take action as of late and i'm going to a dermatologist next week, but i was wondering if Seborrhoeic dermatitis could be the cause for my possible hair loss? and (I doubt this) if so, would it be possible, once my Seborrhoeic dermatitis would be cured, for the hair to grow back? thanks.





by the way, i just turned 18 a couple months ago, and this has been going on since i was 17, and my father didn't start balding until his mid 30s, so i am somewhat confident my receded hairline is not due to typical male pattern baldness. thank you.

Can seborrhoeic dermatitis cause hair loss?
I would recommend going to a good dermatologist for a diagnosis.
Reply:Extreme oiliness can plug the hair follicle and cause the hair to stop growing. Baldness is inherited from the genes you recieve from your mother. Once the papillae have been damaged, usually regeneration is not possible, altho that would have to be deteremined by a doctor.


The two things may not be related. But you still should see a doctor.


No comments:

Post a Comment