Thursday, May 7, 2009

Dermatitis diagnosis.?

In May 2007 I was diagnosed with contact dermatitis and I was perscribed "Doxycycl" by my doctor. After taking the drug for two months I developed a severe allergy to it which resulted in having itchy red splotches on my chest. I stopped taking the drug, but I still suffer from a reddish brown rash on my face, which the drug never cleared up.





My skin is dry, yet it becomes oily overnight while I sleep. It is not thick, nor is it itchy. I have researched several dermatitis conditions on-line, yet what I have does not seem to match anything that I am reading. I have tried several at home treatments, tea tree oil, anti-fungal cream, etc. These have helped a little but not very much. I have tried to moisturize it, as I know that this is supposed to be an important step, but every lotion I use causes it to burn and become even more red.





Based on what I have read I do not even know if I really have dermatitis. Can anyone help?

Dermatitis diagnosis.?
1] quit using everything, except face wash for sensitive skin


[ no colors or perfumes ], and moisturizer for sensitive skin. Wash in warm, not cold or hot water.


2] wash everything that contacts your body [ towels, clothing, bedding ], in hypoallergenic detergent and dryer sheets [ no perfumes or colors added ].


3] use shampoo and conditioner for sensitive skin


4] try pure aloe vera gel [ health food store ] twice a day for a week


5] If no improvement, try cortisone cream two or three times a day for a week


6] take a mulitivitamin with minerals every day


7] drink 1/2 gallon of water a day


8] avoid all fried, fast, and junk food - even diet junk food. Eat healthy oils [ olive, wheat germ, omega 3 ] in salad dressings


See a dermatologist if no improvement.
Reply:Try anti-eczema cream from http://www.champori.com It is herbal with no steroids and can do no harm. It cleared my condition in just over 2 weeks. (if it's not working for you - it's free; they offer money back guarantee policy)


Best,


Bernadette


No comments:

Post a Comment