Saturday, April 24, 2010

Any ideas for allergy free makeup for someone with contact dermatitis?...?

I've just been down to the hospital as I've had problems with red, sore, itchy and swollen eyes for a while now, just thinking it would go and it didn't. I woke up this morning and one of my eyes was practically closed. As the redness is in the exact place that my eye shadow would go the doctor thinks its dermatitis related to my eye make up. He's prescribed me hydrocortisone 1% and told me not to wear any makeup until its gone. My eyes have started to feel slightly better already with the cream, so fingers crossed. But what I'd like to know is does anyone have any make up ideas that won't cause this flare up again? I changed all my make up and brushes to Clinique as thats allergy tested but it's obviously just made it worse. I didn't think that brand would, has anyone else had that problem with Clinique? Anyway, any other make up ideas for me please?

Any ideas for allergy free makeup for someone with contact dermatitis?...?
Have you tried any of the mineral makeup? They aren't supposed to cause allergic reactions. You can check into Bare Minerals, which is a great brand, or most stores are carrying mineral makeups nowadays. I just don't know if they are as good as Bare Minerals. I used to use Clinique years ago but never had a problem with it.
Reply:i have the same problems with my eyes as you. i have to have daily drops in my eyes for allergies. i have tried several brands but they used to make my eyes worse. i now use Avon cosmetics, their mascaras and eyeshadows are great, they dont affect my eyes at all. also i have heard that Almay is a good brand for sensitive skin/eyes etc, but have not used them so cant give a personal answer for them. hope you find a brand that suits you as i know how painful your condition can be xx


No comments:

Post a Comment