Saturday, April 24, 2010

I need advice on a skin condt. called Dermatitis Karatosis {sp?}:?

I have a skin condition called Dermatitis Karatosis. It looks like rash and is mostly on the arms {sometimes cheeks}. My Dr. said it was hereditary and could never be cured..but possibly 'tamed'. I've used a product called Betamide Lotion which has Urea in it...but it only seemed to aggrivate it more. I have also used tea tree oil and witch hazel. As a kid I never had a problem with it and only noticed it to appear in the last five yrs. In the last six yrs I was on psychiatric meds and wondered if that was a part of it's appearance. I have recently stopped all the meds and have been off of them for a year now. It still hasn't cleared up. Any suggestions????

I need advice on a skin condt. called Dermatitis Karatosis {sp?}:?
Try either one of these two websites....





http://www.aad.org/public/Publications/p...


OR


http://www.wildcrafted.com.au/Articles/N...


Hope these help!!!


For more type in keratosis dermatitis into Yahoo! Search engine. It is also called keratosis pilaris.





Good luck!


xx K
Reply:Ask doctor about lyderm cream, it can be used on arms but not reccomended for the face. need a prescription


No comments:

Post a Comment