Saturday, April 24, 2010

Will the military recruiters make a big deal of my atopic dermatitis?

I'm currently in DEP to go in the Navy as a Nuke, and I'm debating whether or not I should tell my recruiter about my atopic dermatitis. I have heard that they won't let people be a Nuke if they have moderate acne, but thats something different. The thing is, I can control it and hide it pretty well. So would it be in my best interest to leave this piece of information out? What kind of responses have other recruits gotten who have had atopic dermatitis?

Will the military recruiters make a big deal of my atopic dermatitis?
Honestly, I wouldn't mention it. Everyone I know who admitted to little things ending up dealing with crap down the road...and everyone I know who "forgot" a few things on their paperwork are leading successful military lives. I myself had a medical issue that I did not mention (depression, was on anti-depressants) and I noone found out.
Reply:Atopic dermatitis past your 9th birthday is disqualifying for entry into the armed forces. Better re-check that SF 89 (Report of Medical History) you signed before your trip to MEPS. You left something out.


No comments:

Post a Comment