Monday, November 16, 2009

4 yr old with Atopic Dermatitis..could Bonzai Falls slide caused new outbreak?

I was told last year that my daughter has atopic dermatitis. She regularly will break out with rashes of different types. Sometimes it will be a fine sandpaper feeling rash...other times it is more like small pimples all over her.





The past few days she has had the small birght red pimply type of rash on her. No fever...slight itch (she only says something about it every once in a while.) The only thing she has came in contact with recently that has been different would be her new Bonzai Falls slide. We would turn the water on and let her slide for a while but once she would start getting cold I would turn it off and just let her land in the pool of water that gathers at the end of the slide. My husband thinks the bumps are from sliding with no water but my niece who was sliding with her has none on her. I was wondering if anyone else has had a problem with bumps from their slide or if you can even give me advice about the dermatitis I would be grateful! Thanks in advance!

4 yr old with Atopic Dermatitis..could Bonzai Falls slide caused new outbreak?
I don't think it's from the slide although some people do have reactions to certain types of plastic/rubber that the slide might be made out of. I would probably say it's just heat rash though, she was out in the sun swimming and that's probably what caused it.
Reply:http://ehealthforum.com/health/medical_q...


No comments:

Post a Comment