Monday, November 16, 2009

Dermatitis help.?

A few months back I was diagnosed with contact Dermatitis and my doctor prescribed Doxycycl. I took the product for nearly eight weeks and instead of curing my rash it appears to have made it even worse. The rash is on my face. I have since read a ton of on-line information about this condition and NOTHING has even mentioned doxycycl as a treatment. I am concerned that this will never be cured, as I have read in several places that there is no cure? Any ideas or suggestions?

Dermatitis help.?
It sounds like your doctor gave you a treatment for infection. You may have had an infected dermatitis when he saw you but that was not a good long term management for the underlying problem. I agree that a medicine like Elidel will help clear up the irritation but if the irritation is due to contact, then the source of the reaction should be determined through skin tests. I would suggest that you see a dermatologist for this test because if you can find what you are allergic to you may be able to avoid the cause completely.
Reply:I have ezema its a form of dermatitis and I use eledel. Thats a prescription cream. And when I cant get to the doc to get it I buy aveeno lotion and that helps with itching and it clears it up it just takes longer. But I would try eledel first because that works for me and it clears it up within a few days to a week. If you need anymore help email me at ma_k_marty@yahoo and i'll try to answer any of your questions


No comments:

Post a Comment