Monday, November 16, 2009

Seborrheic dermatitis ?

I have seborrheic dermatitis which affects my forehead, scalp, eyebrows, cheeks, chin, eyelids, ears and my neck. I am currently using Head and Shoulders to treat this condition with limited success. Can you let me know what OTC products (i.e emollients, facial exfolliates, or creams) can be bought in the UK market. I personally think that hardly any product exist for this condition in the UK market, as most emollients tends to be too greasy for my face (even aqueous cream). Please help me.

Seborrheic dermatitis ?
I have been told i have contact dermatitis by my doctor today.


She prescribed me the Aqueous cream to wash my face with and moisturise and for my scalp she prescribed me a cream called SYNALAR. Its a gel to put on the scalp to get rid of itchy, flaky, cracked skin.


Ive just picked it up from the chemist so maybe you should get your doc to have a look and see what he can prescribe for you.


Good Luck!
Reply:You need to see your doc for prescription medicine, Head and shoulders is for dandruff not for seborrheic dermatitis. This is a medical condition that requires prescription treatment.


No comments:

Post a Comment