Friday, November 20, 2009

My annoying dermatitis around my mouth!!! 4 months and going!!!?

I've had eczema or dermatitis around my mouth for 4 months now... and it all started because i had flakey skin around my mouth, so i put cream and i was allergic to it.. my doctor gave me 4 creams in total and none worked... inflammation cream (hydrocortisone), anti biotic, anti fungal and E45 cream.. none of these creams worked! How can i cover up my eczema? people in school say i give oral sex

My annoying dermatitis around my mouth!!! 4 months and going!!!?
Firstly don't cover up the eczema because that can make it worse. People at school obviously don't know very much about eczema or oral sex for that matter. Maybe educating them about eczema might help.





Some things you might consider are increase the number of times you apply the moisturiser to 4 times a day, and if E45 isn't working try something like diprobase or epaderm (much thicker). Apply any steroid creams 30 minutes after you have applied the moisturiser.





Use pH neutral soaps like Dove and nutrogena.





See your doctor again, see if they feel you need stronger steroids/inflammation cream.





Also if none of this is working then maybe seeking the advice of a dermatologist will help.
Reply:About all you can do to cover it up right now is putting on a non allergenic lotion such as Cetaphil. Eczema though, is caused mostly due to poor nutrition in the diet, mainly one too high in saturated and trans fats. The main nutritional aspect associated with dry skin is fatty acids, since they form the skin membranes. This means the best thing you can do is stop eating all the regular crap and junk food, increase your EFAs (fresh fish, organic nuts), and I woudl highly suggest supplementing with flax seed oil 2-3 tbsp a day. Flax seed oil is very high in omega 3s and 6s (good fats) and has no taste or smell, so you can put it on any food or even eat it by itself.


No comments:

Post a Comment