Monday, November 16, 2009

Perioral Dermatitis? Doxycycline?

My dermatologist told me i have perioral dermatitis and gave me a month's prescription for doxycycline and then finacea cream to put on it once the redness goes away....i've been on the doxycycline for a week now and if anything it's getting worse. the redness isnt quite as bad but it's so dry and sore it hurts to smile! How long does it take to work? Anyone else who has had this have any advice?

Perioral Dermatitis? Doxycycline?
I was diagnosed with it almost 2 months ago; it was caused by a topical steroid (for something else). I'm on Oracea (oral) and sulfacetamide (topical) and topical doxycycline, and I don't think mine's going away either. My dermatologist told me when it's caused by steroids it's pretty stubborn.





When my skin gets dried out from the meds I put aloe vera gel on it, and that helps a lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment